its been about a month and half since I last "blogged", therefore being a month and half since Ive been back. I feel like my life has done a 180, but Im okay with it. Argentina was the most incredible experience of my life, but it feels as if I blinked my eyes and I came back so fast. That was the quickest 5 months of my life.
I didnt realize how much Spanish I actually learned until I came home. Granted Im not using it all, but recognizing it everywhere, I think the biggest kick was sitting in the health department waiting for an hour and half to get shot updates...the whole place was filled with Hispanics and I could hear and understand all their conversations...pretty cool. I even went to the desk to ask if they are hiring. Speaking of hiring, I really need a job..Im SO BROKE, but not really going to actually search for a job until maybe a couple of more weeks until I settle down into my nursing schedule. I am finally in NURSING SCHOOL...As much as I wined and complained about not being in Knoxville, I am at peace of where I am located right now in life.
It's so crazy how everything works itself out or how things just are. I am back home for at least 2 years and so is my brother, who hasnt lived in the same city as me for 6 years now...it's really great to spend time with him, and not only him, my family. Im visiting both my grandmothers at least once a week and just catching up with old friends. One of my longtime friends, Emily, just recently got engaged. Im in her wedding (that makes 4) and was included to go dress shopping with her and every other important female in her life (aunt, grandma, mom, 2 sisters, mom's best friend, and the other bridesmaid)...and well, if I went to Knoxville I wouldnt have been able to go with her. BTW, after spending 5 hours in the bridal store, she found the most gorgeous dress! Also, sadly...an old childhood friend of mine (who was my former neighbor) younger brother was killed in a car wreck this past week. My mom and I went to the visitation today and I saw people I haven't seen in YEARS.... It's weird being back home, but also feels as if I never even left.
I really like my nursing program so far. There are 75 people in my class and about 20 (hopefully not) are expected to drop out/not make it come January. Everyday this entire week they have been warning and scaring us about how hard it is going to be...and overwhelming. Basically just put your life on hold for 2 years. hmm, well it's only the first week, but I feel okay. Not overwhelmed, just doing something at least everyday.... I dont know, maybe in 2 weeks Ill be the most stressed out Ive ever been in my entire life. I hope not, but I just know this is what I have and want to do!! 2 years...then life can start! geez. Anyways, that's it for now. I'm feeling happy and healthy and hope you are as well. thanks for reading.
new favorite quote. "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario